Michelin shrinks Le Mans tyre for DeltaWing. Are you kidding me?
Hard to really care about something when the only coverage it gets is via the interweb and a premium cable channel.
A few years ago there was a jewelry company that used the tag “you have a friend in the diamond business” Well broadcast news used to be that way, actually not friend but more of a stern father that wasn’t afraid to tell you when you fucked up to get back to work. Last week the FCC said the internet is killing news broadcasting. Well how broadcasting is killing itself. All news today is based on the model that the viewer wants to be entertained not informed. The problem is that also means that important stories get buried or not reported at all. For example take ESPN, used to proclaim itself as the news and sports leader. But turn on the network today and it’s all promoting itself and the sports it carries. You didn’t need to watch the NBA Finals, cause ESPN and it’s staff of analysis covered the game longer than the game itself. meanwhile nothing about the upcoming lockout, or the issues behind it, or the NFL lockout or the issues behind it. Danica Patrick. If watch any of there coverage you would think she is one leading drivers in racing instead of one the worst. She also is not that attractive, but ESPN plays her as this “supermodel” racecar driver mixing it up with the big boys. She tried this at Daytona in July, led some laps but when it came time to win, she and teammate were bouncing off walls and then caused a multicar pile up to end the race. Last weekend she started end the basically in the same place 24th and yet ESPN interveiwed her before the the driver in 2nd place. Then Sportscenter at times a unwatchable mess that mixes music, slow motion videos on top of stupid ass no comments form the hosts. Another huge issue is that it most of the it will only cover sports that it shows it has broadcasts rights to, leads to sports such as Little League Baseball being highlighted instead of Major League. No ESPN is not your friend unless you buy into it
Hey guess what there actin’ a fool again and Oaktown has had enough, but what did I tell you people earlier
In a lot of ways he’s your typical Las Vegan. He’s wasn’t born here but came here made a lot of money and brought a couple of casinos and now he’s a billionaire. So now he’s one he spends a lot money trying to by political influence. Sheldon Aldeson has given a lot of money over the years spreading money around like fertilizer, but problem is that could be better spent here creating jobs and reducing this city’s highest in the nation unemployment, but why should he do that?
Oh Boy the NASCAR Season is under way! Well not really but it interesting since IMSA went out of business how NASCAR has tired to hype up the 24 hours of Daytona that’s run at there track but doesn’t have any of teams that run Le Mans.
I haven’t posted in a while so in order to drip my toe in water and get back in the flow of things I’d thought come up with a list of things that will not happen this year.
1. Danica Patrick will win a race this year. She’d had only one race win in her entire Indy Car career and really hadn’t even been trying for the last year, so what makes anyone think she going to turn it on and beat any of top drivers in NASCAR.
2. Barack Obama will lose in November. In spite of still ailing economy, on going war in Afghanistan, a stunning lack of support in his own party, he is still very much beloved by the public and the Republicans and “The Donald” are really not so much.
3. The ‘Occupy Movement’ will gain momentum. It’s not that people don’t support them on some of there issues, it’s that in some cases there motives are questionable as well some of the people.
4. Playoffs in college football. In spite of the lowest ratings in years due some of the worst match up, College Presidents will still back the current system for at least another year due to contracts.
5. Peace? Yeap in the Mideast were pretty much all the governments are in disarray, so there’s no one to work with.
6. Economic recovery. It’s a election year enough said.
7. Anything getting done in Congress whatta think? Last year nothing more or less got nothing got done in Congress and this year is a Election year so……
8. Track records at Indianapolis? This is kind of a trick one because the Grand Am series will be racing on the road course so that will have one cause it’s the 1st time they’ve been there, but the Indy Cars most assuredly would have any due to the fact that most reports say the NEW spec chassis is worst that the old one, Now meanwhile NASCAR is updating all the engines in there with Fuel Injection but will have the ability to electrically restrict them at a moments notice.
9. NBA is Fantastic? Not really games aren’t really selling and still a lot of teams are still in financial trouble so there might a chance that the NBA even’s up running another team besides the one in New Orleans.
10. The Super Bowl Halftime will be good? is it ever?